Sunday, November 8, 2009

First Night Out

So, this Friday was our first night out with the four of us. I have been so scared taking the girls anywhere with all of this flu stuff going around. But, Emma got her H1N1 vaccine this past week and I feel a little better taking them places. We decided to go to MacArthur Center, take a look at the Christmas decorations and eat some dinner at Max and Erma's. First, we caused such a big scene coming in the restaurant with our enormous double stroller and getting a high chair and a sling for the baby carrier. Everyone is staring at us, oohing and ahhing over the girls. I bet everyone was thinking "wow, they are close in age." Anyway, we just went on with our business. Then, some friends of ours happened to be there with their little girl, who is Emma's little friend. So, our table expanded with another high chair. Now we really were the center of attention. Emma and her little friend did a great job until they were ready to get up. Bo and Jeremy had to take them for a walk in the mall while my friend, Lindsay, and I enjoyed talking. They joined us again for dessert and Bo had to resort to taking out the Blackberry and playing an episode of Mickey Mouse to entertain them for the last part of the night. It is funny what you do as parents to keep your child happy! I was happy because I enjoyed my first drink in a LONG time!! We had a great evening. Here are Emma and Allie watching Mickey in the restaurant. How cute are they?

No comments:

Post a Comment