Monday, March 26, 2012

Weekend

This weekend definitely had its highs and then its lows. Saturday was great with swim lessons, errands and then we had a wedding of a lifelong/high school friend of mine. The bride's mother is also one of my mom's best friends, so my mom, sister and brother in law were also there. It was also nice to see some high school friends. It was just a great time - lots of wine, lots of dancing - (including "The Wobble" which I rocked) and the evening was complete with the bride, mother of groom and mother of bride doing keg stands! We knew our babysitter had to leave early and since the wedding was so much fun, my dad rescued us and went to watch the girls so we could have a little more fun! Thanks Dad! Congratulations Candace and Zach!





Sunday was also super busy. Another friend from high school had her son's baptism so we went to that and then she had a delicious lunch afterwards. The girls had fun with Brayden and we enjoyed the company and great food. After that we had to run to my cousin Whitney's family birthday party. We were not there long, but long enough for sweet Whitney to get hurt. All of the kids were playing upstairs and Whitney started yelling, "help," "help!" They were playing with Emma and Emma hit her head on Whitney's jaw, making a cracking sound and she thought her teeth were knocked out. She was bleeding and then she fainted. It was so pitiful that she got hurt like that on her birthday and of course I felt terrible that my child did it to her, even though they were playing. Poor Emma didn't even want to come downstairs she was so scared. Whitney went to the dentist today and luckily her roots are still in place and only one of her teeth was chipped. She is sore and on a soft food/liquid diet this week, but thank goodness she is okay and all of her teeth are there. 

From there Bo took the girls home as I had to be with my dad's family to do more cleaning and sorting of my grandmother's house. This time we were really taking the larger items and all valuables out of the house. It was so sad leaving her house in that condition. Her presence is still so much there along with my childhood and entire life. After talking to Robbie this morning on the way to work we both said how little we slept that night and that it is so hard to move forward on days like that. The other family members who were not part of the estate are coming this weekend so the house will be even more different after this coming weekend. It is still so hard to comprehend that Granny has passed away. I think of that day every single day and how she took her last breath with me. I hate how quickly the disease took her. My mom had some of her collectable bears at her house this week and Emma saw them. Mom showed them to the girls and Emma said, "it smells like Gigi." "Where is Gigi?"Mom reminded Emma that she was with Jesus. Emma asked, "Did she drive there?" Mom did a lot of explaining to her that day but Emma took it all in. I hate that Granny did not get more time with the kids. 

Needless to say the weekend started great, but left a very heavy heart at the end. This grieving process is just not easy. Some days are good and others are just hard to deal with. 

Going to work today was exactly what I needed. Book Fair is kicking into gear plus a whole shipment of brand new books arrived to get into the hands of children. I love it when they light up because of something I ordered especially because it was requested by them. When a child makes a request I record it and that child gets to read the new book first. Have I mentioned how much I love my job? Some days I really don't even think I should get paid to enjoy something so much. Have a great week.


No comments:

Post a Comment