Thursday, March 8, 2012

Just Some Updates

Friday the 2nd I had my girls night with my friends from GTP. Laura was not able to be there but we are all just so happy that she is doing better. Baby Cooper is up to 4 pounds! Laura did receive a chemo treatment this week so she was wiped out, but so far the doctors are hopeful that the IGA is staying away from her kidney. 

Friday night Bo and I also started cleaning out our kitchen. Everything from the kitchen is taking up room in the back part of our family room. It is such a mess, but we did decide to redo the kitchen. I hope it will take on an updated look to help it sell. 

Saturday morning was our first day of swim lessons. It's a good thing the conversation came up at dinner with the girls the night before and if I had not called the YMCA that night, I would have completely forgot that our lessons were starting. The girls were in two separate but back to back classes. Hannah is doing the parent class and Emma is in a class with her own little group and instructor. They both did fantastic. Hannah is not scared of anything and was being a little fish. Emma, although hesitant at first, got right back in the pool and picked up her skills from last year. Afterwards we went to Chick Fil A for a late breakfast. It was then very necessary for me the girls to leave the house as our kitchen was being destroyed and I simply cannot take chaos. So, we went shopping and got some clothes for Disney. We also got Easter shoes accomplished at Stride Rite - great success! We were also on a mission for new Hello Kitty pajamas since the girls had outgrown theirs and they were super upset about it. I did find some at Macys. Aunt Connie and cousin Kelly met us for lunch and we walked around with them for awhile longer. I also got some clothes for Disney at New York and Company. 






Sunday we slept in......until almost 9:30. We did not make it to Sunday School and church. We did a lot of laundry and cleaning, as much as we could since the kitchen was still a disaster. I ended up taking the girls to mom and dads late in the afternoon to get out of the messy house. Andy was there too and they just spent some time together and did some finger painting. 

The kitchen and this week has continued to be a mess. We have eaten out a lot this week and find it very necessary to be at the gym. Monday our family had to get together to review some more of my grandmother's estate. Tuesday I did something that I said I never would do. As a classroom teacher it always drove me crazy when my students did not bring their book bags to school. I mean.....you come to school, you get your book bag, right? Well....I guess because of the kitchen and clutter I did not get Emma's book bag out of the closet, so guess who's child did not have their book bag at school on Tuesday???? I mean.....I know my students were older than preschool, but still - I should have had her book bag ready to go and I didn't. I also forgot the tuition payment. It was surely a rough start to the day. It was a long day too, because I also had PTA/reading night in the library that night. 

This week was also the VA writing test for 5th grade. Although my classes were cancelled for two days, I still had to proctor the test. I had groups of kids in the library testing. On Wednesday my group did not finish until almost 2:00. 

 Emma did not have preschool today because the teachers had a meeting to attend. Try explaining to her about not having school - this scheduled child did not understand teacher workdays! She wanted to go to school so bad.

Hannah has also been cutting a molar this week. I have noticed her a bit more moody than normal and her poor little nose is like a faucet. Each side of the tooth is through, but not the middle. I can tell it has bothered her a bit. 

That is about it. The kitchen is STILL a mess. We probably will not have everything done until the end of this weekend......uggghhhh. I hope the wait is worth it! 

Let's see.......two more weeks of classes, including two more testing days, book fair starts after that and then spring break at Nags Head, two more weeks of work and then Disney! I also got our Busch Gardens passes ready to go and I was so glad that Emma got a free seasons pass because she is enrolled in a preschool! Otherwise, she would have been a full priced season ticket like me and Bo! They open March 24th too! Keep passing on by weeks! So ready for our trips!

No comments:

Post a Comment