Friday, March 23, 2012

A Great Week!

Many reasons why this week has been great!

1. Fifth grade testing was a great success! All 120 laptops worked. We only had a minor glitch in the computer lab, but it was fixed with a phone call. I did not have classes for two days this week, but it was more busy than ever. Book Fair set up is this coming week and we are so excited! Now, we are already preparing for SOL testing in May. The technology again plays a big part in this, so this week was great practice for three grade levels doing it in a few weeks.

Here is the link to my work blog! I have never linked it on blogger. It basically informs teachers, parents and administration of weekly lessons and other things going on.

http://blogs.spsk12.net/8236/

2. I had an eye appointment this week and was able to get new lenses to help with my astigmatism. This should also help my night driving. This is the last step before I decide on laser surgery. So, we will see how it works.

3. After dance class, Emma had a precious night out with Bo on Thursday. Her preschool held a "daddy and me night." They had pizza, ice cream sundaes and played on the playground with all of her friends and their dads. She also made an adorable "fill in the blank" about her daddy. It was very cute. That night Hannah and I had a night out to Chick Fil A night and Hannah's favorite place - Wal Mart :)

I love her little drawings!

4. We got more Easter pictures of the kids from Lindsay. We were really worried that we would not get a good one because Andy was not a happy camper during the photo shoot. But, we did get one of all three of them that could work. 

5. Can we say beautiful weather? Popsicles? Playing outside? YES! We just need a thunderstorm.

6. Today after work Emma and I ran to Gymboree to take full of advantage of the whole store being 30% off, plus a 20% off coupon, plus 5% for having a Gymboree card. The girls are definitely set for clothes for our trips.

7. Cooper, my friend Laura's son, is in a crib in the NICU and up to 4 lbs. 12 ozs! He is doing so good and Laura is hanging in there. I am so thankful for both of their progress and good news this week.

8. Have I mentioned I am going to be an aunt again? Although we found out a few weeks ago, I have not mentioned it yet. I can't believe Andy is going to be a big brother and that my parents will soon have four grandchildren.

We have more things going on tomorrow - swim lessons, Lilly has a vet appointment to get her ready for boarding and Bo and I have a wedding to attend of one of my high school friends. We also have a baptism of my other friend's son on Sunday. Have a great weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment