Sunday, March 18, 2012

Hamrick Updates

It seems like all of my posts are "updates." I just cannot keep up these days. It seems the weeks are just flying by and there is so much going on!

This past week I have been super busy getting technology ready for fifth grade field testing. All of the laptops have had to be in perfect working order - 6 carts x 20 computers each - yeah. Of course I had the assistance with technology downtown and with their help and great scheduling they have been able to update each computer. My job has been "keeping them safe" and "away" until testing is over! Thankfully this week is testing so teachers will be able to use them again after this week. Then, we have to do the same thing when SOL testing rolls around. On top of that I have been preparing for VA Readers Choice nominated books. I have a great selection of primary and elementary nominations and we will be ready to read, read, read and vote via the Internet this week! I am super excited about these lessons. However, two days next week will be dedicated to testing instead of me having classes. I also had a rep out to my library this week getting our Follet Shelf e-books up and running!!!!! I have been so excited for this and I was able to use some $$$$$ last week to put a huge order in for new books and ebooks. Of course on top of all of this, I am also preparing for book fair, which will start in two weeks. So.....that is the job side of my life.

Now, on to the other stuff.

The girls had to come to my school at the end of the day on Thursday before Emma's dance class. Mom had to leave early that day and the only option was dropping them off at 3:00 when school was over. The girls enjoyed being in the library and my office while things were closing down for the day.


 Emma in mommy's office
Hannah boo in mommy's office

Friday Lindsay did a practice photo session with the girls, Andy and Adair with the bunnies and ducks. She was going to be booked Saturday for photo sessions, so it was a good opportunity for her to practice with our kids. I was not able to be there, but Bremer, our Friday sitter, went to help out with mom and Lindsay. Here are a few shots she got. There are others to come. 

These are their Easter dresses this year from Connie's Kids. We sent the picture to the store and now E and H are on the company's Facebook page! 



Friday was also the start of Bo sitting and watching basketball forever, so the girls and I went shopping Friday night with mom, Lindsay and Andy. We went to Barnes and Noble and a few other places to get us out of watching basketball. We got home in time to see Duke lose - oh well. 

Saturday morning was swim lessons, cleaning, etc. Each one of us took a great nap. I cannot tell you the last time I was able to nap. It was great. We had dinner and then we went out for ice cream at Sweet Frog. 
The girls loved their creative ice cream toppings - blue berries, sprinkles, marshmallows, m&m's, whipped cream, sour patch kids and I don't even know what else. 



This morning Bo was up at 4 am to get to VA Beach for his first half marathon. He did pretty good and even was able to make it to church to see Emma sing for preschool Sunday. They sang "Jesus is Knocking at the Door." These are some shots of the practice:



 After their little practice Max made his parents move to our row!! Yeah, there is my future son in law and my in laws!


These were the pictures during their real performance. 



 Then, they had the children's message. This was the first time we let Hannah stay in church so she could see Emma sing. So, this was the first time Hannah has been to children's message. 

This picture was from this morning before we were getting ready for church. Emma has recently taken on a very "teacher" type role with Hannah. She will drill Hannah on her colors and ask her words to spell. She will tell her "good job" and "that's right!" I snapped this picture when they were both in Emma's bed and Emma was reading to Hannah. 

The rest of the day Emma and I went shopping with mom again. I wanted to look for a dress to wear to a wedding this next weekend as well as Easter. I found something REAL cute and I cannot wait to wear it! 

Also wanted to update our kitchen progress. Basically the cabinets are awesome. I am super happy with them. However, the counters were not as good. So.....we went back to Lowe's and ordered a granite counter that will be much better. However, we got a new sink and with granite you get the drop down sink - so we will have to redo the sink and plumbing. Our kitchen is usable but we cannot do anything else until the counters are in. Then, we will move onto the back splash and new electrical work. It is definitely a work in progress. We are not expecting our granite to be in until May-ish. 

Count downs:
Book Fair Preview/set up - 1 week
Book Fair - 2 weeks
Spring Break - 3 weeks
Disney - 6 weeks
Library closes - 10 weeks
Summer - 12 weeks 




No comments:

Post a Comment