Sunday, February 5, 2012

This Week

The rest of this past week included Bo being out of town a lot. Thursday was the craziest day with dance class and everything on my own. Friday night we went out for one of Hunter's last home basketball games and then we had his birthday after the game. Parents of the year here had their kids up past 11:00! But, they had a blast!

Saturday we did a lot of housework. We went out to eat and then its always an exciting Saturday night getting groceries!

Just a mobile upload of Hannah cuddling with Emma watching a show

Bo left this morning at 5 AM. He will be in New York City most of this week. I have spent the ENTIRE day cleaning out the girls' closets. The entire upstairs was a complete disaster. Mom always helps me decide what to keep and what to goodwill. April also came over and she uses some of the clothes I don't want to get rid of, but that the girls can't wear for Adair. It also helps me with storage since we just don't have a lot of extra space. April left with two huge trash bags of clothes for spring and summer. The closets look sooo much better. However it was an all day chore and I am exhausted.

this was the BEGINNING of the pile April had to go through - it got much worse. I texted her this picture to give her an idea of how much we were going to have for her to look through!

The other announcement for the week is that we have only used two Pull Ups a day for the past week. Hannah.....I'm going to say it - is potty trained! She only wears her pull ups for nap and bed. AND............Emma....no longer wears pull ups to bed. For the past week we worked with her wearing her big girl panties to bed and we have not had any problems. I just get her up before I go to bed for her to "potty" one more time. She is always half asleep while going and I have to hold her to make sure she does not fall off! Now...I am seeing toilet paper run low like crazy. It really makes a different having another child potty trained. I guess it is cheaper than pull ups though! Hannah has worn her big girl panties since we started working with her and she even hates the pull up for nap and bedtime. I also wanted to make sure her being out in pubic consistently with no accidents was good and she has done great everywhere we have been. Now she is even telling us she has to go, which is fabulous instead of "timing" her going. So...big accomplishments around here. I am very proud of both of them!

Good news about my friend Laura is that she finally went home on Friday. Although she still has to report to the hospital frequently throughout the week for her treatments, at least she is able to sleep in her own bed. She had a permanent catheter put in her chest and they have to give it some time to see if the IGA continues to attack the kidney. To read more about her story see www.caringbridge.org/visit/cooperelliott. She also got to hold her baby for the first time on Wednesday night! I was so happy for her.

This week is going to be CRAZY....Bo gone, my dad's birthday, PTA, dance, Kellys Kids Party, Friday is a workday, then Bo's race and Laura's baby shower this weekend. Lots to do but I like staying busy these days as it is helping me deal with this grieving process. There is still a lot going on and much that I cannot publicly talk about, but I am just hoping paperwork, and things happen soon so we can move on a little.

Hope you enjoy your week.

No comments:

Post a Comment