Monday, January 30, 2012

This Week

This week started to look up somewhat. Our school system had three half days last week due to exams. It was great - I only taught three classes, one day I only had two classes and then I still had my planning period plus the whole rest of the day to get things updated and work accomplished. Friday night I took Emma out to shop for her little buddy Max's birthday party. Bo and Hannah stayed home since he was out of town so much last week.

Saturday was Max's birthday party. It was really cute. Both girls had their face painted with butterflies. I am so mad that I did not take any pictures, but Max's mom has some so hopefully I will get some. It was really nice to socialize with Emma's preschool friends and their parents - even though Emma was the only girl from the class! Seriously - Max loves her so much.

That night Bo and I had a night out with some friends at a new restaurant called Giannas. It was super good and we had about a two hour dinner. It was so nice to take our time and eat. We also kept the wine bottles coming.

Sunday we went to Sunday School but ended up leaving before church because mom and dad needed me to meet them at Granny's house earlier with Robbie, April and Lindsay to begin going through my Granny's house. We basically started cleaning things out and taking out valuables that Granny wanted us to have. It was a very hard day again I just could not believe that we were actually going through it all and she was not there. We found a large file envelope with all kinds of cards and pictures she had saved. I found thank you notes I had written to her and I can't believe she saved things like that. I also found pictures that she had taken with her camera of the girls and I had just never seen them before. We also found some jewelry that she had labeled so we knew what they were. She labeled her wedding jewelry, her baby ring and her 16th birthday watch that her parents had given to her.

Afterwards I spent some time with just my parents. I introduced my dad to You Tube since he is now getting so technology savvy. Then, Bo and the girls and Lindsay, Steve and Andy met us at Outback to celebrate Steve's 30th birthday.

It was a nice weekend spent with friends and family. Although I am still very emotional about the loss of my grandmother it was nice to do some things that distracted me for a little while. Today I am home - Suffolk has a virtual workday!!! That is the best thing I have ever heard of.

Here are some mobile uploads that I wanted to update on the blog.

This was a random night at mom and dad's when Hannah wanted to be a baby again and sit in the high chair. Emma wanted to play mommy so she was feeding Hannah!
Same night - playing on the little four wheeler
This weekend before leaving for Sunday school! Love this! My little girls are growing up so fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment