Sunday, December 11, 2011

Richmond/Santa

So, we left Saturday for our annual Richmond trip to see Santa. We did some shopping when we first arrived and the girls made a Clarise reindeer at Build a Bear. They were too cute dragging them along on their skates. Then, we checked into the Marriott - same place I stayed a few weeks ago. I love this hotel. After freshening up and having a snack we ate dinner at O'Charleys and then went to Short Pump for some more shopping - I loved how Anthropolgie is in Richmond and got some stuff for my birthday!

Sunday morning we were up early. Emma woke up saying, "but, it's still dark out!" We were there by 7:30. Bo was first in line and we went into the room and waited for Santa. This is where only ticket holders can actually see Santa come down the chimney. He talks to the kids for awhile and then starts to call them over by name. Hannah started to get a tiny bit nervous so the snow queen gave her a snow flake to show Santa. That worked great because neither of them cried this year. I was so happy. They both talked to him and even baby Andy didn't cry. We made a few more stops on the way home. We just had a great weekend. I love this tradition and Santa experience. It is so special to me since he is the same Santa I saw as a child. The whole experience is magical and special - something I know the kids will always remember.

1 comment:

  1. I love that you went to Richmond to see Santa - he's the REAL Santa. I used to go to see him when I was a kid!

    ReplyDelete