Thursday, November 17, 2011

Updates

Wow, I have seemed to slack off from blogging last week. Since I am in a Marriot tonight - alone and in peace in quiet, I guess I can catch up.


Tuesday the 8th - Our school system had "staff development day." I actually had to present this year because of my new job. A third grade teacher was doing a session on running records and so I was teamed with her to teach how technology can be integrated with running records. I have been appointed as a running record resource and have even had to sit in on a leadership meeting to help our school with a uniform way of taking running records. I have to say, although it has been more work, I have enjoyed it. I am excited that my position can make a difference in our school and that my ideas are so accepted.



Friday the 11th - we were out of school for Veterans Day. The girls had their little buddy Brayden's birthday party that morning. After that I had my college sitter lined up for the day and I had a wonderful afternoon and early evening to myself. I finished more Christmas shopping and got a massage. Funny story when I got home - I had actually had some meat and veggies in the crock pot so when I got home I fixed the girls plates. It was beef stew, and my sweet, precious two year old told me, "mommy, this looks like poo poo." OMG - I was dying laughing inside.


Saturday 12th - Bo and I are having an ongoing debate about the Christmas tree ALL day. I think I am ready to convert to an artificial. My selling points: 1. Hannah's allergies 2. Less work 3. I can have everything decorated and finished before our Thanksgiving trip 4. Because we have to run extra heat downstairs I wont have to worry about a real tree dying and making a mess 5. I always have to "care" for the real tree b/c Bo is out of town and I am tired of dealing with it


Bo's selling points: 1. Artifical trees are gay 2. Artifical trees are "ghetto" 3. No smell of a real tree 4. Half the fun of Christmas is cussing and dealing with the real tree lights and mess
UGGGGHHHHH - so after fighting this battle all day, I guess he has won - I have not bought a fake tree yet


We also had our Christmas card pics taken!! Moreover, cards were ordered, have been delivered and the girls and I have already labeled the envelopes!!! I will wait until after Thanksgiving to send them though :) Here are some previews!















just a cute one with Andy




After pictures we went to have dinner with the whole fam at Outback.




Sunday the 13th - Sunday school, church, second Sunday lunch, cleaning the house, etc.




This week has been crazy. I have not blogged about my grandmother recently been diagnosed with cancer. It has been really difficult to see her health decline so rapidly. My mom has been to every appointment with her. My sister has helped me a lot with the girls in the past two weeks. There are still several unanswered questions, but I just hope we will get some positive news soon.




This week - I only had a three day work week. I left bright and early this morning with two other LMS's for our VEMA state conference in Richmond. So, that is why I am in a hotel tonight. We have had such a great time. Tonight we had a special reception at the state library. The catering was outstanding and we also got to meet some authors who were doing book signings. I attended a few sessions today and learned some things that I can do in my library and I also learned I am performing very high with my technology lessons and my media center blog. It has been so much fun. We will attend a few more morning sessions and I will be home tomorrow for a very fun filled weekend with the girls!


No comments:

Post a Comment