Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Buddy the Elf!

On Thanksgiving Day, our elf arrived in the downstairs plant in our hallway. He had his book with him and Hannah found him first. She asked, "what's that?" So, we read the story about our elf and how he is a helper for Santa and how he is watching the girls for good behavior. We also talked about how we do not touch him and the girls took that very seriously. Hannah says, "the book says, don't touch him."

They had a hard time deciding on a name, so I helped them name him Buddy after one of my most favorite Christmas movies, Elf. I bet there are a million "Buddy" Elf on the Shelves out there!

Buddy even followed us on our trip to the mountains where he and Gibby and Owen's elf, Leroy, got into some trouble. They decided to play with some of the toys and get into a Christmas cake and leave crumbs everywhere!

Buddy has also hidden in a lamp, in our chandelier, and this morning he was holding my keys on the wall keyholder.

I am so upset that I did not get pictures with him on the first day. I am going to try to keep up with some! Emma has found most of them in the mornings since the first day since she is usually up first. She just cracks up at him. I have used the "I bet Buddy is watching you" phrase quite a few times since he has arrived and Emma quickly corrects her behavior, taking it very seriously - so like me. Hannah likes him, but I am not sure she is taking him so seriously - typical Hannah. She just likes his tricks!


No comments:

Post a Comment