Sunday, March 27, 2011

The Past Two Weeks

March 14th - Emma and Hannah both love puzzles. It amazes me that most of my second graders do not know how to put together a puzzle. Bo snapped this picture of Emma with all of her puzzles lined up after she had completed them.

March 19th-20th -Bo's parents were here for a great weekend. Bo and his dad ran in the Shamrock 8K at the oceanfront. The rest of us did not make it due to traffic and having to get up way too early. Instead, we slept in. Cindy enjoyed some time outside with the girls while I did some cleaning. We had yummy Five Guys for lunch. Later we went out to MacArthur and had Max and Erma's for dinner. The girls loved getting their ice cream again. Bo and his dad took the girls to the play area again while Cindy and I did a little shopping. On Sunday we all went to church. I kept the nursery for the first time since joining and had four little ones Hannah's age. Hannah did not like me hold a few other babies! But, she did enjoy me being in her class. Emma went to big church as usual and they all said she was great. We went to the Broken Egg for lunch and that about completed our weekend. It was so nice to have Bo's parents here for an extended stay. Later on Sunday went to my cousin's house for a cookout to celebrate his birthday. The kids had fun playing with some other children too.

March 23rd - Can we say beautiful day??? 78 degrees?? Yes! Bo cooked us some steaks for dinner. We actually had a night to sit down altogether and enjoy a meal. Hannah ate all of her dinner and Emma was not eating as much. We began to bribe her to eat by saying we would go to the park across the street. She still refused to eat her steak. Hannah was ready to go so Bo got ready and he and Hannah started to leave. I told Emma she could not go unless she ate some more dinner. She got out of her chair and watched Hannah and Bo walking to the park from our door. Boy, did I feel bad because she did not eat. I was cleaning the kitchen and all of a sudden heard her say, "mommy, my steak please. I eat my steak now." I gave her plate back to her and sure enough, she ate it!! I was so proud of myself for sticking my ground! I told her I would go change and then she could go the park. I was upstairs and heard, "mommy, what are you doing??" So, we met Bo and Hannah at the park too. They both had a blast swinging and sliding. Emma will slide with her hands up too. Then we went to get some ice cream. We had such a fun evening. I kept waiting for the perfect thunderstorm to complete my day, but we just got some rain. Here are some pictures of them eating ice cream.


March 24 - Hannah used the potty!!!!!!!!! She sits on the potty every night before bathtime. But, tonight she actually went - 15th months old! Go Hannah!!! Bo was out of town so it was just me and Emma who witnessed it. I was so proud of her!

March 26-27- We had a weekend in Raleigh with all of Bo's family. We had not seen his sister, brother in law, niece, nephew and grandmother since Christmas. The weather was not perfect, but it was wonderful seeing the kids play so well together. They had a great time and we did bundle them up to hunt for eggs since they won't be together on Easter. They were just too cute together. Emma and Gibby would just go in the back room and read books. Owen loved Hannah. Emma would keep saying, "Owen's so funny." They all showed off their new skills and knowledge. It is somewhat sad seeing how big Emma and Owen are now. They have lost all of the "baby" look. Hannah keeps up right along with them. She would not let me hold her hand or help her hunt for eggs. On Saturday we did a Kohls trip. We also celebrated Mary's, Bo's and Bo's dad's birthdays with my favorite strawberry dessert. After the kids took a bath (all together) we watched "Life As We Know It." I thought it was a good movie, with some very tender moments. We all went to church today. Emma went to Sunday School with Gibby and Owen to "Nana's" class that she teaches. When we got there she was excited to show us her water painting. Hannah did great in the nursery. We had lunch and packed up. I wish the weekends were just a little longer. It always seems as soon as the kids start having so much fun that we have to leave. But, it was a very nice weekend together. We are looking foward to our beach week!

getting ready to hunt for eggs!
miss independent
emma started to eat her candy
the four cutest kids
owen and hannah
emma and that silly face!
Gibby and Emma playing IPad

We got home around 4:30. After dinner me and Emma made cupcakes. They were both ready for bed pretty early so we went upstairs to do bathtime and guess what???? Hannah used the potty AGAIN!!! Y-E-S! Bo was actually with her this time and he was like, "she's doing it!!!!! she's going!!!" We all did the potty dance for Hannah. Emma said, "yeaaa Hannah Boo."

No comments:

Post a Comment