Monday, February 7, 2011

Past 24 Hours

Yesterday my nephew Andy was taken to CHKD because he had been crying out in pain every time he eats. While having lunch for my dad's birthday yesterday he did it again and it really upset my sister seeing him in so much pain. It had been going on for almost two weeks and he would jerk his entire body after taking a few sips of his bottle and then proceed to scream. My girls never did that and it was so sad to watch him as you could tell he something was hurting him. So, my mom and sister took him to the hospital since my brother in law was on duty. After about six hours they diagnosed him with acid reflux. The doctor even saw one of his little "fits" and now he is on acid reflux medication. We are so thankful that that is all it is and hopefully the medicine will work for him soon so he can enjoy eating! Here is a picture of my sweet nephew.


Today my mom gets a phone call from my dad that their dog was not walking and she was crying out in pain. When my mom left my house from watching the girls she called and said things were not looking good. She is 12 years old and we know that she is well into her dog years. But, it was not expected at all that we would need to put her down on this particular day. THANKFULLY.....my mom took her to the vet and she just began walking better. She had x-rays and the doctor said she does have an inflamed spot on her spine and they need to watch her jumping off furniture, climbing stairs and playing with the other dogs. So, Lacey got to go back home! She is a sweet dog and I remember getting her as a junior in high school. My dad gave me and my sister the money to pick the dog up from the breeder and surprise my mom for their anniversary. I missed that dog so much in college that senior year before graduating I got a maltese of my own. I just wanted to write a little something in honor or Lacey. We love her and she is so much part of our family although other doggies and now children have come since her. We love you Lacey!!
Lacey is the oldest dog - the far right, Lilly in the middle and Lola on the left



Lastly..............Bo's company trip this year is to Vegas for their yearly sales meeting. I mean... teachers just do not get this type of opportunity - how unfair! Couldn't you see a great teacher conference in Vegas, Miami, Orlando, LA - heck even Charlotte!! That would be so nice! So, after doing my share of complaining Bo said to just go with him, but that he did not feel comfortable with me being alone all day while he was in meetings. So, my mom is coming too! It is perfect - he will be in meetings all day, will do his interest of gambling in his free time, I get to see him and do things at night, but shop and sightsee with my mom during the day - the things he hates to do!! PERFECT!! The girls will be going to Raleigh to spend a few days with Bo's parents and my mom and I are flying out of Raleigh. Bo has to fly out of DC so we will meet him there! I am super excited. The time was cleared from work, kids will be well taken care of, and I get to spend some quality time with my mom and fun time with Bo in Vegas! Can't wait!! Flights and hotels were booked tonight. The company is staying at the MGM Grand so we booked an extra room there just to meet up with Bo when we can more easily. Come on March!!

No comments:

Post a Comment