Sunday, February 6, 2011

A Great Weekend

This weekend was one of those weekends that I was so grateful to be living near home. Friday night the four of us went to MacArthur Center, ate at Max and Erma's and took the kids to play at the adorable play area with slides, tubes, climbing areas, etc. They were so good and had lots of fun. When we were getting ready for bathtime when we got home Emma got into my closet again and this is what her and Hannah did with my UGGS.


After playing around in my Uggs, I snapped some pictures of big girl Hannah brushing her teeth now! She is getting so big and wants to do everything Emma does.

Saturday was my cousin Hunter's 16th birthday. I can remember so clearly the day he was born and going to the hospital to see him wearing my really cool Pumba shoes. I thought I was super cool and grown then and now that he is 16 I just feel super old! Hunter is a great kid, plays on varsity basketball as a tenth grader, a hard worker and great brother to his little sisters. My uncle and aunt surprised him with a lifted truck. He was in shock. The girls had fun playing with some of my other cousins. It is so nice to see Emma playing with them by herself now. Although it was rainy, it was a fun day.
\
me and the girls waiting on present time
>
Hunter, Courtney and Whitney in the truck
Mammie with the Great Grandchildren
Emma playing with Kelly and Whitney
Hannah enjoying cake
mom and Hannah
Later that evening my cousin Joey, his wife Dawn and their kids came to hang out at our house until we went to a church dinner. That too was so nice, fun and the kids were great playing with others. We also got to meet some other new church members and had a delicious BBQ dinner and lots of delicious desserts!

Today after church we went to my m om and dad's to celebrate my dad's birthday! We had our favorite meal - fried chicken, mashed potatoes, corn, green beans, and rolls. It was super good. We gave my dad a pair of Sperrys to wear this spring/summer. All was well except my sweet baby nephew has not been feeling well. He cries out in pain while eating and acts like something is hurting him so badly. Since my brother in law was on duty, my mom and sister took him to CHKD after we gave my dad presents. We hope to hear some news soon.

eating at the kid table
the grandkids
me and lindsay with dad and grandkids
giving Pop Pop his present
Emma doing Bo's hair!
As of now Bo and Emma are at the grocery store, Hannah is asleep and I am catching up on this! Although it is Super Bowl Sunday I would be more excited about The Kardashians coming on tonight - love that show - a guilty pleasure! Too bad it doesn't because the only thing on tonight is the Super Bowl. I hate football - so glad the season is ending!Recently watching mindless TV at night has become something I love- Kardashians, Jersey Shore, Jerseylicious - so much better than research and Masters work! Anyway, this weekend sums up why is is worth living near home - time with just the four of us, time with family, time with church, and birthday celebrations.

No comments:

Post a Comment