Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day

Today was Valentine's Day and we had a very laid back weekend. Our weekends have not been the most exciting recently due to my working on my thesis this semester. After the kids go to bed and on the weekends I pretty much dedicate myself to the computer. This weekend, I put away the work, only because I am waiting on revisions, but it freed up some time to just relax.

Bo and I managed to get BOTH babies down by 8:30 on Friday night, which was amazing. We decided to buy Couples Retreat on demand, since we have not sat down and watched/been to a movie in forever. However, halfway through it I fell asleep! We did not have huge plans for each other this year. There is just simply nothing that I need and I do not see spending a ton of money on roses anymore. We are also thinking about a possible trip soon - hopefully. So, we just got the girls a few little things and focused on them.

Emma got the new Minnie's Bowtique Clubhouse DVD, a Valentine Minnie Mouse, a Minnie Sippy cup (seeing a pattern?), Minnie's Valentine book, a sticker book, and the book How Do I Love You.

Hannah got a Mickey plate, a Valentine Minnie Mouse, Elmo's Valentine book, and the book Hugs and Kisses.

We went to church and then went to my mom and dads for lunch. They gave them more books, valentine elephant stuffed animals, spring outfits, hairbows, and other little things.

Emma gave me a card with her painted handprints in it! We came home and had an amazing dinner - leftovers!
I think Valentine's Day takes on a new meaning as you get older. When you are dating you and anticipate "the gift" that marks Valentine's Day. When you are newly married, you may just roses and dinner. Now, I am happy just being able to sit down and breathe a little. I have not had that in a long time! I remember the Valentine nights of The Melting Pot, roses, wine, etc. Tonight we had spit up, crying, noise, laughing, dinner spills, dinner cleanup, bath time, snack time, book time, bedtime, and cleanup/preparartion for tomorrow time. It was wonderful. Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment