Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Christmas

Christmas was a wonderful time! We spent Christmas Eve with just the four of us. We do presents just from us Christmas Eve to the kids. Christmas morning was a little overwhelming for Emma. My mom, dad, sister and Granny were all there to see Emma wake up. She went to her Mickey Mouse Clubhouse first and to this day the little figures are her favorite part of her Christmas. She loves carrying them around, putting them in her stroller and sticking them on random surfaces in the house. She also got a dollhouse bookshelf for her big girl room and some other little play and bath toys.


Hannah got a toy box and some toys that she can grow to like this year like the Little People Noah's Ark, a play CD player, touch and feel books, and the rolling jungle animal toy.

After Christmas morning we went to my mom and dad's house with Lindsay and Steve and did presents there. Bo and I were surprised with a new tv for our bedroom! I also got a Pandora bracelet with the girls' birthstone charms. The babies got Minnie Mouse blankets with their names on them, which are adorable. Emma got a Barbie four wheeler and the Little People Amusement Park. They both a lot of cute little things.

After that we went to my uncle's house to be with the whole family of my mom's side. We are very rushed and eat a quick lunch, exchange polyanna's, open presents from my grandmother and presents for the babies from my aunts and uncles and then we have to leave early to hit the road to Raleigh.

It got very rainy and ugly so we had a rough ride down, but the girls slept! We did Christmas night and through the weekend at Bo's parents, his sister, brother in law and our niece and nephew.

Christmas is always rushed and crazy. I love how we get to be with so many people that we care about. It was very special to have my grandmother with us this year. It was also special to have Hannah's first Christmas and to see Emma so into it this year.

Our house was a disaster after returning from Raleigh. I had to clear a lot of space. The tree was taken down the day we got back - the 27th. I needed the toy corner back in our family room. We also completed the room switch so things were easily put into each baby's room.

What a wonderful Christmas that we got to spend with those that we love.

No comments:

Post a Comment