Monday, January 18, 2010

Hannah's Christening Day

Hannah's Christening was on January 10th. It was a very special day. She looked so pretty in the family Christening gown that was from Italy. It has been in my family for over fifty years. I wore it and so did Emma as well as previous family members. It is still in beautiful condition and you really cannot find anything like it today.



Hannah did pretty well during the ceremony. I was more nervous of Emma's behavior, but she did okay. Emma just wanted to hold the bulletin up there. Hannah started to get a little antsy and needed her bottle, but then she calmed down.

My sister in law had introduced me to a beautiful song called "Masterpiece" that I had someone in the choir sing. It was so pretty and a tear jerker. Here are some of the words to it:

"You are a masterpiece, a new creation he has born and your as soft and fresh and a snowy winter's morn. And I'm so glad that God has given you to me, little lamb of God, you are a masterpiece."

The words in this song are so true! Bo and I are so thankful for these babies and I am reminded everyday how lucky I am to be a mom.

The service that Sunday went on to remind us about our own baptismal vows and the whole congregation renewed their baptismal vows that day. We had a luncheon at mom and dad's house afterwards for our family and friends. Hannah got some special gifts like a Christening bib, her crucifix necklace, a Christening bear stuffed animal, a silver cup, picture frames, and a cross that says "Child of God" to hang in her room. It was a very special day.

No comments:

Post a Comment