Sunday, September 30, 2012

Week of Sept. 24, 2012

Sweet - I am actually on schedule for blogging.

This past week was ....shocker.... crazy.

Literally, something every day this week. Monday we had a staff meeting, Tuesday I gave another Interwrite Tablet In Service since the other one went so well. Wednesday Bo spent the entire day at church with another Sunday School member cooking for Kirk Night. The two of them did everything - fried beef tenderloin, cheese potatoes, green beans, grilled chicken for those who did not want the pork and then a strawberry dessert and brownies. Everyone said that night was the best Kirk Night dinner they had every had. Even at church today people were still talking about how good it was - that everyone else is going to have a hard time beating our class. I was very proud of him for stepping up, getting the food and cooking all of it. He was exhausted at the end of the night. Thursday the girls had picture day at school and of course dance class. Friday I had a dental cleaning after work and mom just came to visit with Lucy that evening to show me some clothes she got the girls. We did not end up closing on the house as planned - of course the bank did not have everything ready in time so we will just wait for the call this week. 

Saturday was a day we had planned since July. My friend received an e-mail in July for presale Disney on Ice tickets so we got really, really good seats. They had been so excited all week long. Maryanne and her daughter Lauren met us at our house, we went to Krispy Kreme for breakfast and then over to the Hampton Coliseum around 10:00. By the time we put their princess dresses on over their clothes in the car, got in, looked at souvenirs, went to the bathroom and found our seats we only had about 10 minutes until it started. In that short time we also found our other dance friend and out of that entire place they were just a few seats down from us. The show was actually much better than I was expecting. I did not think I was going to like the theme with the "Rock N Ever After" I thought it would be a lot of rock music or something - but it wasn't at all. It was just adorable and in true Disney fashion the music, effects, costumes, etc were just wonderful. The show had Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy as hosts and then they had Pinochio, the step sisters from Cinderella and then the longer highlights like Little Mermaid, Tangled, Brave and Beauty and the Beast. We had not seen Brave so I was also a little skeptical of that but actually enjoyed it a lot - the music was great and now I really want to see the movie. The girls were just wonderful - loved the entire show, especially Gaston and Belle. At intermission Hannah wanted popcorn and Emma wanted cotton candy. After the show we all went to eat at Cracker Barrell and then we went to City Center across the street and went to Gymboree to spend Gymbucks. We walked around awhile and before we realized it was almost 6:00 so we headed back. The Chuckatuck fish fry was also that night so Dad picked us up some plates and we went to eat our plates at mom and dads.






Today at church Emma had her first music makers performance. This is what they practice every Wednesday at Kirk night. First they played the chimes and then they sang a song. It was really cute. I am so proud of her for singing in front of the whole church and it just melts my heart when I see her sing praises to God. After church Bo helped Dad a lot in the store that is being redone. The girls and I ran to Wal Mart for a few things and then i spent the afternoon switching summer/fall wardrobes for the girls. Before that I had caught Hannah at my mom's piano playing and singing Jesus Loves Me. I just love it - especially that high pitched "me" part!


ringing their bells

singing "I'm Singing Your Praise, Lord"



children's message time - so many kids couldn't get them all in
Hannah took Peppa Pig to children's message


We had a great weekend for sure but I am still exhausted. Here comes another full week!

No comments:

Post a Comment