Friday, April 27, 2012

this house is going...crrrraaaaazzzzyyyy

Anyone ever read the children's book "50 Below Zero" by Robert Munsch? It is one of my favorites and the line "this house is going craaaaaaazzzzyyyy" is repeated throughout the book.

It sort of explains how this past week has been! After a weekend in Raleigh for Bo's 10 mile race we had a very busy week ahead. We have had preschool, preschool pictures, dance pictures with full costume, data team meeting at work, countertops were FINALLY measured for our granite (the company said it would take 6-8 weeks and boy they were right), I stayed home with the girls on Thursday b/c my mom was very sick (which we are all stressing about her getting better before our trip), dance practice, and LOTS of errands. This week has also been busy with preparations for the big trip so the checkoff list is in full effect. 

Monday we went shopping to VA Beach after work. I had to get the girls their princess dresses for lunch with Cinderella. They were really confused as to why we were getting them. Emma asked, "why we getting these mama?" I just said, "oh, we will need them." They never pushed it any farther. 

Hannah started being quite a pain during our shopping experience so I took her by myself to Victoria's Secret to update some "things." I gave Hannah a sucker and my iPhone and she was quiet as could be in the dressing room with me. Then we looked around and Hannah would pick up panties and say, "oooooo mom, you want theeeesse?" in the highest pitch voice. The ladies were cracking up at her. 

Let's see - other errands have included Stride Rite for sandals (have to get them from another store tomorrow though), Toys R Us for lightweight strollers, gummy bears (good for their ears on the plane), and the magic coloring pads with one marker. I also needed kid headphones for the iPads, snack food for the plane, another Cinderella crown (we only had one), and new memory cards for the cameras. I also had make sure Hannah's meds were updated. That is a lot! 

Three kids - one stroller - shopping on Monday

The suitcases are out - the girls have asked why we have them out, but I just told them not to worry about it and sure enough they haven't.

Emma before her dance pictures

So wish I could show you the professional pictures of Emma and her class. They have been ordered - they are so PRECIOUS!! I will post them when I can scan one. Emma loved wearing the makeup!

Just a sweet pic of Lilly participating in tea party with Emma. She had all of her people lined up and Lilly just walked over and joined in. So, Emma gave her some tea too. 

I can already tell the end of the year is wrapping up at school. We are getting inventory lists, more meetings, lots of testing information, etc. I will not have classes after May 21st due to so much testing involvement and library/technology inventory. Kind of sad the library won't have kids buzzing around it soon. 

Well, I doubt I will update again until after our trip! I have a hair appointment tomorrow and I am sure I will be stressing about packing as the week starts. Our plan is to tell the girls right before leaving. I am working half a day on Thursday, coming home, telling the girls in a special way (I may cry), and packing the car for the airport! Prayers for safe travels and a FUN time! 



No comments:

Post a Comment