Sunday, April 15, 2012

This and That

Well.....I am all caught up! Bo took the girls to Sunday School/Church today so I could get some things caught up around the house after being gone for the week. He had to teach our Sunday School class and I needed to do laundry and of course work on the pictures and blog that I was so far behind on. I forgot to post these pictures of my great great Aunt Eloise from Tennessee. Jack, her husband passed away two weeks ago and she wanted to badly to come back home for some time to see us. We were so glad that she did. My mom and dad drove and met her in Greensboro and brought her back for a few weeks. She is 95 years old and still walks a mile a day. Her and Jack have lived the best life. They have always been active, healthy, traveling and enjoyed living on golf courses and many states like California, Florida and now Tennessee. I remember getting so excited when they would come visit as a child. It has been two years since seeing them. I cannot believe we have lost Granny and Jack in the same year and just months apart. Mom had Eloise and some other distant relatives for dinner one night before Easter. I am always intrigued of hearing her stories and learning more and more about our family. We found several photos in granny's house that we did not know who was in them and she was telling us about them and informing us about all kinds of things. It was just great to see her and I am so fearful that I may not see her again in person. I was sure to tell her how much I love her and how special she always was to me. I am so glad she made the trip. 
 my great great aunt and the girls' great, great, great aunt


 my dad and his great aunt
 Robbie, me and Lindsay with our kids and Eloise

Also, my book fair out did our winter sales! I am so happy because Scholastic told me that spring sales are usually lower than winter. I think that since our sale was right before Easter, many people did Easter shopping like they do Christmas shopping in winter. I am so glad that we beat our winter sales! It was just  a great book fair! Thanks so much to my Hillpoint faculty, students and parents! 

Countdowns:

Disney - 2 WEEKS!!!!!! We still have not told the girls! We will probably tell them the night before or even the day of! It is KILLING me!!!
Mothers Day - 4 weeks!
Emma's first dance recital - 4 weeks!
Memorial Day weekend - 6 weeks!
Library closes - 6 weeks!
Summer vacation starts! - 8 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment