Tuesday, November 16, 2010

What a Week

So........after Halloween (which was my last post!) my camera broke! NOT happy, but thankfully it was under warranty and the company repaired it and even covered the shipping!

The past week has been rough. Hannah came down with a stomach bug last Monday. We were hoping that it was nothing big since it lasted about 24 hours. Then, came Wednesday. The high rise bridge near my job was stuck open during a lift. It was taking me hours to get home so my mom went to get the kids from where they stay on Wednesdays. My mom calls me and says, "Emma just got sick all in my car!" G-R-E-A-T. I was stuck in major traffic and my poor mother who was doing me a favor had to deal with a child throwing up in her new car.

I finally got home to take care of Emma who then proceded to get sick over and over again. I had the whole couch covered in sheets, towels all over the place, laundry going, etc. Hannah was okay, Bo was out of town and then my mom felt herself getting sick. So, she had to leave my house and go to her house. It was a long night taking care of little Emma by myself. I hated seeing her so sick. Hannah was not as sick as she was and Emma reacted very differently. She was scared and cried a lot. We slept downstairs so we did not wake up Hannah. I had Thursday off of work anyway for Vetrans Day, so I stayed home with the girls Thursday.

Bo came home Thursday evening as everyone was doing better. Then, Friday morning at 2:30 AM I wake up and I felt sick. So......then it was my turn getting sick all through the night! I missed work (a workday) on Friday and had no energy whatsoever. I ached all over so Bo had to stay home with the girls on Friday.

Saturday I woke up with a slight migraine, but feeling 90% better. I had an Usborne show to work that day. When I got home - Bo got sick. So, he was then sick Saturday evening through Sunday!

OMG - the stomach virus is no fun and it was my first time dealing with this as a parent. Thankfully nobody had a fever and we all were better after 24 hours. Apparently, this virius is going around a lot. I am so glad we got it before Thanksgiving. But, boy I am still wiped out. Bo and I talked tonight that we still do not have our appettites completely back to normal.

So, this should explain why there have been no postings for awhile. I did not have my camera, and had nothing too pleasant to take a picture of anyway in the past week!

We have thoroughly cleaned everything and are finally getting back to normal. I was very behind with work this week since I missed my workday. Last night we were able to get out a little bit and do some Christmas shopping since bo was out of town. I hope that we do not have to deal with this type of thing again for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment