Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Potty Training Success

Big day yesterday! Hannah turned 7 months old and Emma used the potty! I bought a potty chair for Emma over spring break. It had a part that you took off and then put on the "big potty." I used that one night with her and she liked it much better. Then, we got an Elmo potty seat for the "big potty." That was perfect and she wanted to sit on that one. We started the training slowly - just at night before bathtime. I was not going to stress over it and just started using the vocabulary of using the potty. Soon she started making cues that she was "wet." Emma would start to tell me when she needed her diaper changed and I just kept repeating the vocabulary. I also bought the pull ups and started using those during the daytime.
She started saying "poo poo" but never made it to the potty in time.

Last night was a huge success! She started saying "poo poo" while I was getting Hannah ready for her bath. So, while I had Hannah in the tub Emma was on the potty. She did not do anything. Hannah got out of the bath, Emma went in the bath. She immediately stood up and starting saying it again. So, I asked her if she needed to get back on the potty and she said, "uh huh." So, on the potty she went and - she went! She whined a little through it because she was so confused, but then we praised her all night long. She also went "pee pee" too. We still have a long way to go, but it was a great start! No picture of the process - I would not do that to my child -but here is one later that night! We are so proud of you Emma!

1 comment: