Thursday, May 13, 2010

My 2nd Mother's Day

I had such a nice Mother's Day this year - double the love. Emma and Hannah gave me the sweetest cards in the morning and a gift card to the spa that I love. I got it last year as well and it was just a great gift because I could use it at different times and have many "mommy" days. I never thought I would see the day to be a mom. Many know my story by now and I remember crying in the Hallmark store while shopping and seeing the "mommy to be cards" and thinking, "Why not me?" I am truly a mom who is grateful for my children. I love them so much and even though they are so little, they have their little ways of making me feel tremendously loved.


This year we went to church at my grandmother's church with her, my mom and my sister. After church we met up with my mom's family and enjoyed a very nice catered lunch. The mom's did not want to cook on Mother's Day! We had a very nice time together and went outside to get some pictures on the water.

Later that evening, we got together with my dad's mom with my family and cousin and his wife(who are pregnant!) and went out for dinner. It was nice to relax and spend time with the most wonderful people I know.


We will visit Raleigh in the next few weeks to celebrate Mother's Day with Bo's mom. She had to be out of town for the weekend.

I think it is so important to show our mothers how much we love them. I appreciate my mom so much and have learned so many things from her. She will still tell me when I am wrong or what I need to do to make something better. She has always had high expectations for me. I try so hard to make her proud and I never want to disappoint her. I know that I am a lot like her! I am proud to be her daughter! I love you mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment