Monday, October 17, 2011

No More "C"

Last night marked one week without Hannah having her "C" (Pacifier). It started last Sunday when she wanted to take a little character to bed. I said she could as long as she did not take her "C". She said, "okay mama." I was really shocked that she said okay. I was even more surprised when she made it through the whole night without it. We just did the same thing through the week. I let her take something special to bed with her and kept praising her for being such a big girl. Turning 2 years old is always a big milestone to get rid of the pacifier and I was worried Hannah would be very reluctant to separate from it, especially at night. Anyway, we have not even said the word or talked about it in the past few days! I am so proud of you Hannah! You are such a big girl!

I had the hardest time finding pictures of Hannah with her "C". She never needed it so much as a baby, but when she started getting older she wanted it more for bed, when she was sleepy, or had got hurt. It became more of a comfort for her when things were not going her way. She also was so good about taking it out for a picture and she would hand it right to me when I asked for it. I guess I never thought about how few pictures I have of her actually with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment