Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Vacation

What have we been up to for the past 11 days? Beach, beach and more beach! I signed my papers for my new job and we were off to the beach - again! We have seen so many family members and friends and have just had a great time. The first week we had a beach house with my parents, sister, brother in law and nephew. The first few days we had my dad's family with us - my dad's mom, my cousin Robbie (wife April and their daughter Adair) and then we had our family from Maryland - Alex, Susan and their daughter Autumn. We had not seen them since last summer. We had a fun night of Cranium and then we all were at the beach and pool the next day.

Emma and Hannah just love the beach. They love for the guys to make them a hole for the water to fill and then they can splash in it and slide down the side of the hole. They were covered everyday - head to toe in sand.

One night after dinner we met up with our friends (Garners and Stroups) and had ice cream! Brayden and Hannah are only a month apart and Brayden kept giving Hannah kisses!

been friends forever
our kids after ice cream - can we say hyper?

Here are some family shots



I was reading some books to Emma and Hannah one night and Andy just crawled over and wanted to take part - it was so cute!

One day a high school friend of mine came over to visit with her daughter Elisabeth. It was great to catch up with her!

The following Saturday we went to another beach house with my mom's entire family. My uncle was celebrating his 50th birthday so we had a party for him. The girls loved spending time with their cousins Courtney and Whitney.

Near the end of the week we had "family picture day." Mom makes us do this every year. I had to bribe the kids with candy so they would cooperate. We did end up getting a few good ones!


I know I am leaving out so much. We had so many good laughs. We also were not on a "schedule" aside from beach, lunch, pool, kids nap, adult pool time, shower, dinner. We went out shopping a little bit but not much at all compared to the normal. We just didn't feel like it! My dad did buy me and my sister new Coach purses at the Coach outlet. He bought Emma a Dora backpack that she wanted for school. Emma and Hannah were also on a rubber duck kick where everywhere we went they wanted these rubber ducks to play with at the pool. Bo was able to stay pretty much the entire time too. He left only two days before I did. The girls did great aside from Hannah having a few "terrible 2" meltdowns every now and then. They slept good and Emma asked the day before we were supposed to leave, "when are we going to mommy's house?" She was ready to see Lilly. We had dropped Lilly off at "camp" (boarding) a long time ago! Since we have got home the girls have played like crazy with all of their toys again. We had a great time. Now that August is approaching I need to plan a birthday, move my classroom, and have a surgery to look foward to. I will miss you month of July at the beach! It was fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment