Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Silly Bands from Heaven?

Emma has accumulated a ton of silly bands. I try to hide some in her jewelry box and sneak some away since she has so many. She also keeps some in her purses. I cannot for the life of me get them into one spot so they end up scattered in many places.

When unpacking from the beach I decided to wash Emma's sheets. As I lifted the sheet there was this pig silly band hidden on the mattress pad. I saw it and immediately thought of my sweet cousin who died almost eight years ago in August. She loved pigs and collected them wherever she went. I had not seen this silly band before so I saw it, smiled and put it on Emma's bookshelf. Amanda had been thought of so much recently with her absence at the beach. We had so many beach trips with her - in fact the last time I saw her we were at the beach, she was singing "Going to the Chapel" to me because I had just got engaged to Bo. So, the pig silly band just made me think of her and how much we missed her at the beach.


As I was cleaning some more downstairs I lifted the couch cushion and then I saw this angel silly band. I ran back upstairs and got the pig silly band. I am keeping them both. I just think it is awkward that I would find both of these "signs" in one day and in very unusual places.


I miss you Mandy. I miss you every single day and I cannot believe we are approaching eight years of your absence. I know you are looking after us. Thank you for the signs that you are okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment