Thursday, September 30, 2010

COMPS

The past couple of weeks have been so crazy. Last week I spent every free second studying for my comps. The test was on Saturday, the 25th. I was there for about five hours. There were so many people taking comps for so many study areas. I was in a computer lab with about sixty people and there were two more full labs across the hall. I had two sets of questions. The first set had three questions and I had to answer two and then the same for the second set. I felt very well prepared. I had to cite research and professional literature in every question. My answers were about 4 pages each with one question only being about two pages. Now I get to wait six weeks for my results - fun. The thing that gets me about ODU is - they made us pay for our caps/gowns/hoods the day before comps. I had to purchase and pick them up before knowing if my I passed or not!! So, they are all in my closet and I have no idea if I will actually get to wear them on December 18th and graduate. The comps get graded by two people and I have to get a score of 8 points to pass (2 pts per question). Other than the thesis, this was the part I was dreading and I am just so glad it is over! Now.....I get to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment