Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Thesis Complete!

This is a huge deal for me! I have been working on this thesis for graduate school since September. The fall semester included forming an idea, gathering research, writing a lit review and the reference page. I also wrote chapters 1, 2 and 3 but did not have them revised until this semester.
Spring semester included revising chapters 1, 2 and 3. Getting the data for the research, reporting the data and writing chapters 4, 5 and the appendix.

There have been many nights of being up until 1AM, going to work on 4 hours of sleep, and then taking care of my family. I have been stressed, somewhat cranky and have been a little frustrated with meeting deadlines WHILE taking another class online.

The professor said at the beginning of the class this semester that "this is something nobody can ever take from you. You will have it forever." Those words kept ringing in my ear (at 1AM) while working. I wanted this so bad. I started the program before I knew I was pregnant with Emma. I want to finish! On April 11th, I found out that my thesis was accepted for publication and that I could bind it and turn it in. Of course, I went to Office Max the next day to put together my final product. I am so excited that it is done! I still have my internship this summer and my comps in the fall. I will be offiically finished after the comps. But, the hardest part (this paper) is over! Here is it - all 72 pages!




The Thickness



2 comments:

  1. A Little cranky???? Sweetheart you were more then a little cranky. you were more like a lot of cranky with a little sweetness every once in a while. But I am proud of you for all your hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH LESLIE!!!! So excited for your accomplishment!!! I admire all your hard work while being a mom, wife and teacher.
    Congrats!!!
    And I love your t-shirt!!!

    ReplyDelete